Overview of the cellular components of the nervous system, neural circuits, organization of human nervous system, and neural signalingSensory contributions to movement controlSomatosensory systemVisual systemVestibular systemCentral contributions to movement controlLower motor neuron circuitsUpper motor neuron control of the brainstem and spinal cordModulation of movement by basal ganglia and cerebellumRelevant electrodiagnostic and therapeutic applications that have been developed based on the understanding of movement neurophysiology. Role of rehabilitation technology.
- Dale Purves302205[et al.], Neuroscience, 5th Edition, Sinauer Associates, Inc., 2, ISBN: 978-0-87893-695-3
- Eric Kandel, James Schwartz, Principles of Neural Sciences, 5th Edition, McGraw-Hill Education/Medical, 2, ISBN-13: 978-0071390118
- John Hall, Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology, 13th Edition, Elsevier, 2, ISBN: 978-1455770052
- Richard Schmidt, Timothy Lee, Motor Control and Learning 302226 A Behavioral Emphasis, 5th Edition, Human Kinetics, 2011, ISBN-13: 978-0736079617
- Anne Shumway-Cook, Marjorie Woollacott, Motor Control: Translating Research Into Clinical Practice, 4th Edition, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2011, ISBN-13: 978-1608310180
||3 credits - Lecture
|| First half of semester