IE 709 - IEOR for Health Care
- Scheduling appointments of patients with primary health care providers and specialists
- Resource planning for equipment, rooms and sta013
- Capacity planning and inventory management in health care supply chains
- Planning and managing emergency services
- Designing and operating organ exchanges
- Modeling spread of epidemics and planning response
- Mathematical modeling of biological systems
- Design of optimal radiotherapy and other treatments
- Financial planning and pricing in health care
- Economics of community health care
- Designing experiments and statistical analysis of clinical data
- Managing health care during calamities
- Handbook of Healthcare Operations Management: Methods and Applications", Brian T. Denton, ed., 2013, Springer New York.
- Operations Research and Health Care: A Handbook of Methods and Applications", Mar- garet L. Brandeau, Francois Sainfort, William P. Pierskalla, eds., 2004, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Massachusetts.
- Ambulance allocation and relocation models (A Review)", L. Brotcorne, G. Laporte and F. Semet, European Journal of Operational Research, 147, 2003, pp 451-463.
- Operational Research in management of the operating theatre: A survey", F. Guerriero and R. Guido, Health Care Management Science, 14, 2011, pp 89-114.
- Appointment scheduling in health care: Challenges and opportunities", D. Gupta and B. Denton, IIE Transactions, 40, 2008, pp 800-819. 1
- Mathematics of infectious diseases", H. W. Hethcote, SIAM Review, 42(4), 2000, pp. 599-633.
- Optimizing the delivery of radiation therapy to cancer patients", D. M. Shepard, M. C. Ferris, G. H. Olivera, T. R. Mackie, SIAM Review, 41(4), 1999, pp. 721-744.
||6 credits - Lecture